Amelia Island, Florida, the Bahama Islands and Galveston Island in Texas are the beach locations among the top family vacation destinations for 2013, according to Family Vacation Critic, an online family travel planning guide.
Family Vacation Critic offered this list of the top family vacations for 2013, based on family-friendly appeal and recent additions:
1. Amelia Island, FL: With 13 miles of beaches, this barrier island has a rich history and laid-back, outdoorsy vibe. In the spring of 2013, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort will unveil its massive $85-million renovation.
2. Montreal: Montreal’s cobblestone streets, marvelous boutiques and creperies make it the ideal destination for those looking for a distinct change of pace. Kids will love the Biodome and La Ronde, the second-largest amusement park in Canada.
3. Bahamas: Convenient, relatively affordable, and teeming with activities for kids, the Bahamas is always a popular choice for families. Princess Cruise Line’s new ship, Royal Princess, begins sailing in 2013, and will stop in the Bahamas on its maiden Caribbean voyage in October.
4. Park City, UT: A visit to the 400-acre Utah Olympic Park, a venue for the 2002 Olympic Winter Games, is a must. Widely known as a hotspot for skiers, families can trade in their skis for hiking boots and bikes in the summer and explore miles of biking and hiking trails.
5. Galveston Island, TX: Galveston Island offers families tranquil beaches, the 242-acre Moody Gardens, and Schlitterbahn Waterpark. The historic Pleasure Pier reopened in 2012 with major renovations after being damaged by Hurricane Ike in 2008.
Additional destinations to make the list include San Diego, CA ; Nantucket, MA ; Alaska cruises; Turks and Caicos and the Jersey Shore, NJ.
For the full list and details, visit the 10 Best Vacation Bets for 2013.
For unbiased traveler reviews and to compare prices on these top family island and beach vacation spots, click on these TripAdvisor links:
- Amelia Island, Florida
- The Bahamas
- Galveston Island
- San Diego, California
- Turks & Caicos
- Jersey Shore, New Jersey