What they are saying about Barbados beaches:
Barbados boasts 60 beaches over 70 square miles and offers more than 3000 hours of annual sunshine under which you can enjoy them all. Crane Beach has repeatedly been recognized as one of the best beaches in the world.
Because Barbados lies partially on the Atlantic Ocean and partially on the Caribbean Sea, the coastlines of the island are diverse, varying from gentle beaches to rugged cliffs. The western side of Barbados, where many of the island’s hotels are located, boasts some of the most idyllic shores for swimmers and sunbathers, such as Mullins Beach, Church Point, and Paynes Bay. East Coast beaches, including Bathsheba/Cattlewash, are popular among surfers and experienced windsurfers. South Coast beaches such as Carlisle Bay, Accra Beach, Sandy Beach, Casuarina Beach and Silver Sands are popular for body surfing (medium waves) while Needham’s Point and Dover Beach are among the best for snorkeling and swimming.
Take a drive over to Bathsheba on the East Coast, with miles of untouched beach along the island’s most rugged, hilly and beautiful stretches of coast. Excellent surfing can be had here. For a classic beach that’s a favorite of many visitors, visit Crane Beach, with cliffs, dunes, pink sands and beautiful waters. It was named by “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous” as one of the best beaches in the world, however sea bathing is not advisable here due to the strong currents.
Flickr slideshow from Barbados Tourism:
Articles about Barbados:
- 36 hours in Barbados
- Parents Magazine identifies the 10 Best Caribbean Destinations for Families
- TripAdvisor lists cheapest and most expensive destinations for Caribbean escapes
- The Caribbean’s ten sexiest bars – Caribbean360
- 11 Caribbean Beaches You Should See Before You Die
- Looking for some great free beach wallpaper for your computer screen?
- Cayman’s Seven Mile Beach tops list of best beaches in the Caribbean
- FindTheBest identifies Top 10 all-inclusive resorts and spas
- Staying connected in paradise: Barbados offers free Wi-Fi throughout the island
- Looking for good fall beach deals? Try Barbados, Aruba, Punta Cana, Bermuda and West Palm Beach
- Grand Cayman tops TripAdvisor’s list of Caribbean destinations