Bora Bora, the paradise island in French Polynesia, has the world’s absolute most beautiful beaches, according to a new analysis by the web crawler website All That is Interesting. And it’s not the first time this dream island has topped such a list.
“No amount of words come even close to describing the beauty of the Bora Bora Island beaches,” according to the site. “We could mention the emerald waters embracing the flawless white sand, the hibiscus valleys, the over-water bungalows, and the towering mountains, mirrored on the waters surface. Or, you could just judge for yourself.”
If the photo above is not convincing enough, the one below has to be:
Who wouldn’t want to spend a few days on those huts over the crystal clear waters of the South Pacific?
So, what does it cost to do just that? Well, it’s not cheap, but you can always find some decent deals. You can price out a variety of hotels on this TripAdvisor page.
Now, here’s the bad news. Getting to Bora Bora is not easy, and definitely not cheap. Checking Travelocity, the cheapest flight from Chicago’s O’Hare airport on our selected dates was $3,626 (including taxes and fees) per person. Yikes! Now, we did see much better deals from Los Angeles so I’m sure you would be able to put a better flight package together, but this gives you the idea. Is it worth it? Ahhhhh. Just look at those pictures above!
Where is Bora Bora?
View Bora Bora in a larger map
Has anyone found good packages to Bora Bora? Let us know below.
Oh, by the way, the other beaches on the list are:
- Providenciales Island, Turks and Caicos
- Phi Phi Islands, Thailand
- Pink Sands Beach, Harbour Island, Bahamas
- Negril, Jamaica
- Anse Source D’argent, Seychelles
More articles about Bora Bora:
- 25 Spectacular Ocean Huts for a Peaceful Setting
- Best Islands in the World – 2014 Travelers’ Choice Awards - TripAdvisor
- Gold List: World's Best Beach Hotels
- Top 10 Beaches - Travel - National Geographic
- Tahiti: Closer than you think!
- Travel Channel's 'Best Beaches' is a list of dream vacations
- Bora Bora and the Islands Of Tahiti host The Amazing Race
- Bora Bora named Number One Island in the World by U.S. News & World Report
- Bora Bora, Honolulu among TripAdvisor's Top 2012 Travelers' Choice Destinations
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora named Most Romantic Hotel in the World