Also named the sunset capital of Florida, the beautiful St. Pete Beach is located on Florida’s Gulf Coast, just west of the city of St. Petersburg and just 30 miles from Downtown Tampa. It came to being from merging four beaches including Pass-A-Grille Beach, Don CeSar Place, Belle Vista Beach and St. Petersburg Beach. It’s white sand and gorgeous views of the Gulf of Mexico make it a popular tourist destination. Three different boardwalks are available to take visitors across sand and sea plants to enjoy its popular swimming area. Endless activities are available on the beach, and you can kayak through the calm waters or take a ferry to nearby Caladesi Island State Park. St. Pete Beach Pier, another popular attraction on the beach, is open 365 days a year and offers an even more entertaining and fun experience. Not only does the Pier encourage dolphin watching and pelican feeding, but has bike rentals available for one, two, or six people to tour the beach and other areas of St. Pete. If you’d rather walk, many of the restaurants and shops in the area are within walking distance. A somewhat longer of a walk, or a shuttle ride, to the southern part of the beach will take you to Shell Key for a snorkeling adventure. Among the attractions are the landmark pink Loew’s Don CeSar Beach Hotel.
Where is St. Pete Beach?
View St. Pete Beach, Florida in a larger map
St. Pete Beach Weather:
High 52° / Low 38°
High 60° / Low 47°
High 67° / Low 54°
High 70° / Low 56°
High 73° / Low 60°
High 69° / Low 54°
High 69° / Low 57°
Articles about St. Pete Beach:
- Beach of the Week: St. Pete Beach, Florida
- Best beaches near Orlando
- Siesta Beach does it again: Named America’s best beach
- Marco Island is most expensive beach destination in Florida
- 10 Florida beaches make TripAdvisor’s list of 25 best in U.S.
- 7 of TripAdvisor’s Top 10 U.S. Beaches for 2014 are in Hawaii
- Best Florida Beaches: Gulf Coast
- Amazing video captures dolphins frolicking along wake-surfer near St. Pete Beach, Florida
- Florida resort offering rides on exhilarating JetLev water-propelled jet pack
- St. Pete Beach
- Vote on your favorite Florida beaches!