One of the most famous beach destinations in the world, Cancun is a tropical paradise with crystal clear turquoise waters, white sand beaches, a vibrant nightlife, resorts, shops, fascinating nearby tourist attractions and much more. Cancun stretches 16 miles along some of the world’s most inviting beaches. Whether you are looking for crowded, action-filled beaches packed with water sports activities or a quieter, relaxing beach environment, Cancun can meet your needs. You will find unlimited opportunities for snorkeling, diving, water skiing or deep sea fishing. Book a room at one of Cancun’s many all-inclusive beachside resorts for a week of pampering and relaxation, take an excursion to experience the area’s rich Mayan history (Tulum and Chichen Itza are nearby), swim with the dolphins, visit the Xel-ha or Xcaret natural wonders parks, take a short ferry ride to Isla Mujeres (which has gorgeous beaches), take a jungle tour, or much more. After an active day, take a nap and head out to the Cancun restaurants and nightclubs for bustling nightlife. Or just sit back on a lounge chair on the beach and listen to the waves softly lap onto the shore.
If you are planning to visit Cancun during spring break, beware that college students invade the area and the noise level increases dramatically. Depending on the type of spring vacation you want, that could be a good thing or a bad thing. Whether you are staying in Cancun or nearby Playa del Carmen and the Riveria Maya, be sure to ask about the spring break atmosphere at your hotel before booking this time of year.
Cancun has hotels and resorts for every budget, from exclusive luxury resorts to modest, affordable accommodations. And many travel sites offer package deals that make this Caribbean resort area one of the most popular vacation destinations in the world.
Where is Cancun?:
Tuesday 06/27/2017 20%
A mix of clouds and sun. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 88F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday 06/28/2017 20%
Sunshine and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 86F. Winds ESE at 10 to 20 mph.
Thursday 06/29/2017 20%
Partly cloudy. High 87F. Winds ESE at 10 to 20 mph.
Friday 06/30/2017 20%
A mainly sunny sky. High 88F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday 07/01/2017 10%
Sunshine. High 87F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday 07/02/2017 20%
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 87F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph.
Articles about Cancun:
- Top 9 spring break party destinations to enjoy, or avoid
- TripAdvisor’s Top 25 All-Inclusive Resorts
- Ready for a beach dreamer’s escape? Pick up a copy of ‘I’m Gonna Live My Life Like a Jimmy Buffett Song’
- Sandals Antigua named the Caribbean’s Leading Resort at the World Travel Awards
- Now that’s a party! Travel group of nearly 3,000 converge on Cancun resort
- Live Aqua Cancun ranked Top Mexican Resort in Travel + Leisure’s 2012 World’s Best Awards
- Caribbean Travel & Life finds some of the best all-inclusive resorts
- Students spending spring break in Cancun not worried about Mexico travel advisories
- Timeshare marketplace RedWeek.com announces Top 25 timeshare rental resorts
- Florida again ranks number one as desired destination for Spring Break, according to latest Orbitz Insider Index
- TripAdvisor announces 2012 Travelers’ Choice Beach Destinations Awards
- Key West most expensive place to celebrate spring break; Cancun most affordable
- Cancun tops list of Top 10 Spring Break Destinations
- Comfort Suites Paradise Island ranked top family-friendly budget resort
- Hit the beach with your true love: Apple Vacations announces top romantic getaways
- Cancun, Cozumel, Riviera Maya not on State Department’s travel advisory list
- Celebrate Christmas in your swimsuit!
- Palace resorts in Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Maya to transform into Hard Rock Hotels
- Do you have to ‘be bad’ to have a good beach vacation? Fitness vacation provider says no
- Grand Cayman tops TripAdvisor’s list of Caribbean destinations
Have you been to Cancun? Share your story and photos below. (Clicking in the comment box will bring up an image uploading link.)