Visit St. Pete/Clearwater (Florida) has announced the results of its first-ever ‘Best of St. Pete / Clearwater’ survey, and in the hotly-contested ‘Best Beaches’ category, Clearwater Beach topped Caladesi and Honeymoon Islands for the number one spot. “If you’re looking for a lively, fun-packed beach community, you’ve come to the right place,” says the survey report. “Clearwater Beach, on three miles of white sandy shores along the Gulf of Mexico, is overflowing with water sports, beach fun, shopping, dining and people watching.”
The winner in the Best Beach Bar category was the Palm Pavilion Beachside Grill & Bar, located on North Clearwater Beach.
Frenchy’s Rockaway Grill, a Clearwater Beach landmark, ranked first in ‘Best Spots for Grouper,’ while Fort De Soto Park nabbed two separate categories: ‘Best Place to Experience History’ and the ‘Best Place to Take Your Dog.’
The new Dali Museum, located on the scenic St. Petersburg bayfront, took home top honors for ‘Best Museum.’ Downtown St. Pete – with its world-class museums, dining, theaters and nightlife – was awarded top billing in the ‘Most Happening Downtown’ category.
“We know what we each like about the area, so we wanted to create a way for people to champion their favorite among favorites,” said VSPC Deputy Director David Downing. “To our knowledge, this type of destination-wide survey has never been done before.”
More than 1,500 people voted in the 20-category online survey, which is designed to let locals and visitors alike determine the ultimate in area attractions and experiences. For each question, seven popular answers were presented, along with an additional write-in space for users to submit an unlisted choice. The full results of the survey can be viewed at http://www.visitstpeteclearwater.com/best-of-winners, along with links for more information about each winner.
The top five vote-getters in each class are prominently featured in the new Visitors Guide, the all-encompassing go-to for guests in search of destination information. That publication is distributed throughout the year at tradeshows, Visit Florida welcome centers, international offices, travel agencies and via online requests from VisitStPeteClearwater.com.
Clearwater Beach photo gallery
Beach Maniac photos:
- 2:57 AM EST on January 18, 2018
- 9:00 AM EST on January 18, 2018
- 6:30 PM EST on January 17, 2018
- 7:00 AM EST on January 18, 2018
Thursday 01/18/2018 0%
Mainly sunny. High 49F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday 01/19/2018 0%
A mainly sunny sky. High 57F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday 01/20/2018 0%
Mostly sunny skies. High 67F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday 01/21/2018 10%
Partly cloudy. High 71F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 01/22/2018 10%
Sunny. High 73F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday 01/23/2018 20%
More clouds than sun. High 67F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Where is Clearwater Beach?
View Clearwater Beach, Florida in a larger map
Clearwater Beach articles:
- Hanauma Bay, Oahu, tops Dr. Beach’s list of Top Beaches for 2016
- Beach of the Week: Clearwater Beach, Florida
- Best beaches near Orlando
- Siesta Beach does it again: Named America’s best beach
- 10 Florida beaches make TripAdvisor’s list of 25 best in U.S.
- Best Florida Beaches: Gulf Coast
- It’s official: USA Today readers pick Clearwater Beach the Best Beach Town in Florida
- USA Today searches for the Best Beach in Florida
- Clearwater wins local Best Beach award
- Florida again ranks number one as desired destination for Spring Break, according to latest Orbitz Insider Index
- Cancun tops list of Top 10 Spring Break Destinations
- Four top family attractions in Clearwater Beach FL
- Vote on your favorite Florida beaches!
- Top 10 Florida beaches