Clearwater Beach, on Florida’s Gulf Coast, is one of the Sunshine State’s real gems. With a great location near Tampa and sporting some the widest most beautiful white sand beaches in the continental United States, Clearwater Beach has become an attraction for beach lovers throughout the world. At Clearwater Beach, it’s all about the fine-grained white quartz sand, which provides the perfect backdrop for lounging and sand-castle making. Kids love Clearwater Beach because they can play in the sand before jumping into the waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Or they can see a dophin at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and then join the family for the nightly sunset festival on Pier 60, where the music fills the air and performers keeps smiles on the kids faces. As you cross the bridge into Clearwater Beach, you can feel yourself entering another realm. Great hotels to choose from, a nice assortment of restaurants and shops, and multiple attractions make this a well-rounded vacation spot. Tampa attractions – Busch Gardens and spring training baseball games among them – are nearby, and Orlando is just about a two-hour drive.
The Vacation Gals blog lists the top family attractions in Clearwater Beach as Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Captain Memo’s Original Pirate Cruise, shelling on the seashore, and of course Pier 60, described as the hub of Clearwater Beach activity with a visitor center, eateries, and craft vendors.
Clearwater Beach is a family-oriented beach but it is also a popular spring break destination for the college-age crowd. Although students do show up, Clearwater Beach is not filled with what one blogger describes as the “alcohol-fueled debauchery” found at some other locations. Be aware that the atmosphere does change during spring break, but families (at least the more tolerant families) can still usually co-exist with them.
Clearwater Beach photo gallery
Beach Maniac photos:
Where is Clearwater Beach?
View Clearwater Beach, Florida in a larger map
Clearwater Beach Weather:
High 88° / Low 77°
High 88° / Low 77°
High 86° / Low 78°
High 84° / Low 76°
High 83° / Low 75°
High 82° / Low 74°
High 84° / Low 75°
Clearwater Beach posts:
- Hanauma Bay, Oahu, tops Dr. Beach’s list of Top Beaches for 2016
- Beach of the Week: Clearwater Beach, Florida
- Best beaches near Orlando
- Siesta Beach does it again: Named America’s best beach
- 10 Florida beaches make TripAdvisor’s list of 25 best in U.S.
- Best Florida Beaches: Gulf Coast
- It’s official: USA Today readers pick Clearwater Beach the Best Beach Town in Florida
- USA Today searches for the Best Beach in Florida
- Clearwater wins local Best Beach award
- Florida again ranks number one as desired destination for Spring Break, according to latest Orbitz Insider Index
- Cancun tops list of Top 10 Spring Break Destinations
- Four top family attractions in Clearwater Beach FL
- Vote on your favorite Florida beaches!
- Top 10 Florida beaches