The Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism took center stage at the 2012 Red Carpet Celebrity Style Lounge at the L’Ermitage Hotel in Beverly Hills in activities surrounding the 2012 Academy Awards. Distinct Dominican flair for fashion was highlighted to celebrities who attended the lounge with the designs of Dominican-born Lucia Rodriguez, while unique Dominican culture was celebrated with delicious products native to Dominican Republic.
Celebrities and VIPs in attendance entered to win free airfare for two to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, and received a taste of lavish gift bags highlighting Dominican Republic’s coveted Arturo Fuentes cigars and Godiva’s rich Santo Domingo chocolate. Dominican Republic is known as the breadbasket of the Caribbean since its fertile valleys produce some of the world’s best sugar, tobacco and cocoa, which is then developed into uniquely flavorful Dominican rum, cigars and chocolate.
“Dominican Republic is becoming a major presence in Hollywood with a newly inaugurated Dominican Republic Film Commission office in Los Angeles and many new incentives for producers to film in our magnificent country. Because many Dominican celebrities call the Los Angeles area their second home, we are especially pleased to share the tastes and styles of our large island nation at the Academy Awards Gifting Suite,” said Magaly Toribio, Vice Minister of International Promotion, Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism.
Dominican-born designer Lucia Rodriguez was at the Celebrity Lounge event styling celebrities with her stunning, yet delicate gowns. Rodriguez’s delightfully Dominican-inspired designs are high-quality finesse, made to perfection – a stunning combination for any leading lady’s award-winning ensemble.
Home to some of the world’s most beautiful beaches, elegant upscale resorts and golf courses, sizzling fashions, gastronomy, thrilling music and more, Dominican Republic is a popular destination for Hollywood’s elite, as well as the perfect film location for international television and movies. In 2011, the government of Dominican Republic announced the new, state-of-the-art Pinewood Indomina Studios, which will further enhance the growth in film and TV production in the country.
The Red Carpet Celebrity Style Lounge was held in honor of the 84th Annual Academy Awards, Hollywood’s celebration of the biggest names in the film industry hosted by the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS). Nominees, celebrities, press and more attended the event, which raised money for The Humane Society of the United States.
About Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic’s first tourist was Christopher Columbus in 1492. Rich in history, Dominican Republic has developed into a diverse destination offering both Dominican and European flavors to nearly one and a half million U.S. visitors and 4.2 million global visitors in 2011. Named #1 Golf Destination in Caribbean & Latin America by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators, Dominican Republic boasts 28 designer golf courses, upscale resorts, pristine nature and sophisticated cities and quaint villages filled with warm Dominican people. Dominican Republic features the best beaches, fascinating history and culture, and is a chosen escape for celebrities, couples and families alike.
Articles about the Dominican Republic:
- Top 9 spring break party destinations to enjoy, or avoid
- Top 5 waterparks in the Caribbean
- Groupon Getaway: Grand Palladium Bavaro, Punta Cana
- Parents Magazine identifies the 10 Best Caribbean Destinations for Families
- TripAdvisor lists cheapest and most expensive destinations for Caribbean escapes
- TripAdvisor’s Top 25 All-Inclusive Resorts
- Dominican Republic offers both affordable and upscale beach getaways
- Dominican Republic sets stage for romance
- Looking for some great free beach wallpaper for your computer screen?
- Sandals Antigua named the Caribbean’s Leading Resort at the World Travel Awards
- Expedia reports more travelers heading to the Dominican Republic
- Caribbean Travel & Life finds some of the best all-inclusive resorts
- Many looking to Punta Cana to start a new life
- TripAdvisor announces 2012 Travelers’ Choice Beach Destinations Awards
- Key West most expensive place to celebrate spring break; Cancun most affordable
- Dominican Republic showcases its products, beaches at Academy Awards
- Hit the beach with your true love: Apple Vacations announces top romantic getaways
- TripAdvisor picks 10 refreshing swim-up bars
- Dominican Republic one of top five winter destinations
- Puerto Plata’s natural beauty dazzles in the 2012 Miami Dolphins Cheerleader Swimsuit Calendar
- Caribbean beaches in Sint Maarten, US Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Puerto Rico and Turks & Caicos earn Blue Flag eco honors
- Palace resorts in Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Maya to transform into Hard Rock Hotels
- Looking for good fall beach deals? Try Barbados, Aruba, Punta Cana, Bermuda and West Palm Beach
- Dominican Republic
- Grand Cayman tops TripAdvisor’s list of Caribbean destinations