There’s no better place to soak in the sun than on the magnificent beaches of New Smyrna Beach, and if you enjoy fishing, the New Smyrna Beach Area offers world-class off-shore and inland fishing. In fact, nsbfla.com/gethooked offers plenty of information on fishing vacations.
The Riverview is one of the top-rated hotels in New Smyrna Beach. Read traveler reviews of all the hotels in the area and compare prices on TripAdvisor.
Fishing in the New Smyrna Beach Area is extraordinary year round. The Indian River, the Atlantic Ocean and local lakes and lagoons offer redfish, cobia, wahoo, mackerel, billfish and many other species. The historic St. Johns River, within a 30-minute drive, is a bass angler’s favorite. There are dozens of charter services, guides and bait shops to ensure you get the catch of the day!
In October, the New Smyrna Beach Billfish Invitational attracts anglers from near and far for one of America’s great catch-and-release competitions. And the New Smyrna Beach Backwater Tournament welcomes anglers inshore to round out a great weekend of fishing.
But if fishing is not your thing, there is plenty to see and do in the greater New Smyrna Beach Area.
- For automobile buffs, superbly restored classic cars are on display on historic Canal Street every second Saturday of the month.
- Every day’s a dog day at the beach at the northern tip of the New Smyrna Beach peninsula. This dog-friendly beach and boardwalk area offers your dog a little beach time with a scenic view of Ponce Inlet and the historic lighthouse.
- The area’s diverse estuaries, the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean are very popular with boaters. All types of watercraft are available at marinas and there are many launch areas for boats, kayaks or canoes.
- Golf is a year-round sport in the New Smyrna Beach Area which has several beautiful courses to challenge players of all handicap.
- Canaveral National Seashore, a protected bird sanctuary, and the Great Florida Birding Trail, and other areas offer birders the chance to log more than 400 species of birds.
- Runners, walkers, skaters and riders can choose from a wide variety of scenic paved trails to meet their outdoor recreational needs.
- And the New Smyrna Beach Area is regarded as among the best surfing locations on the east coast of the United States. Surfers can catch a great wave almost anytime.
New Smyrna Beach consistently has been ranked among the finest arts communities as reported in The 100 Best Small Art Towns in America with many art galleries and art festivals and events throughout the year. The Atlantic Center for the Arts offers a unique artist-in-residence experience. Concerts and music festivals are among the hallmarks of the area. Music lovers flock to New Smyrna Beach for the annual Jazz Festival.
SOURCE: Southeast Volusia Advertising Authority via PRNewswire
Where is New Smyrna Beach?
View New Smyrna Beach, Florida in a larger map
New Smyrna Beach Weather:
New Smyrna Beach articles:
- Best beaches near Orlando
- USA Today searches for the Best Beach in Florida
- Great fishing and big fun in New Smyrna Beach, Florida
- Two teenagers attacked by sharks in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, on same day
Have you been to New Smyrna Beach? Share your stories and photos below!