Maui is the top island in the world, according to the Conde Nast Traveler 25th annual Readers’ Choice Awards. The awards rank the best cities, islands, cruise lines, airlines, hotels, and resorts worldwide. A record 46,476 readers participated, rating 370 hotels, resorts, and cruise lines above a score of 90. Some list highlights:
- For the 19th year, Maui is the top island in the United States, and this year, it’s tops in the world. Read traveler reviews and compare prices.
- Charleston, South Carolina is not only the favorite city in the U.S. for the second year in a row, but it’s also the favorite city in the world!
- Qualia on Hamilton Island, Great Barrier Reef, was named the top property in the world, with a perfect 100 score.
- The Waldorf Astoria, Chicago, nabs the top spot in the U.S. hotel category.
- New York has ten hotels scoring above 90, including The Peninsula, Trump International Hotel & Tower, and the Four Seasons.
- Top honors on the high seas again go to Crystal Cruises; on rivers, Grand Circle Travel is number one.
- In Mexico, the list is led by One&Only Palmilla, Capella Ixtapa, and Le Blanc Spa Resort.
- In the Caribbean/Atlantic region, the Peninsula House again takes top honors.
- China debuts with its own list, dominated by its three powerhouse cities, and in India, Oberoi claims the top two spots.
“Every year, the most discriminating travelers in the world (our readers) pick the world’s superlative hotels, resorts, airlines, cruise lines, islands, and cities,” said Editor in Chief Klara Glowczewska. “In its 25th incarnation this year, the Readers’ Choice Awards are vaster and more compelling than ever before, featuring more than 1,300 properties and places that are truly the cream of the crop.”
To read more about the Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards, click here.