Rating:The Gullwing Beach Resort has just about everything you could want in a family-friendly beachfront condo resort. And it’s affordable! Check prices.
The Gullwing is not one of those crowded, sprawling resorts with massive pools and a gazillion kids bumping into each other. It’s much more homey yet has a very nice pool on an amazing stretch of beach, with a lot of amenities, bars and restaurants nearby. The units are spacious, modern and comfortable, with roomy screened-in balconies, some of which overlook the pool and beach.
Beach Maniac has visited the Gullwing for the review and has also researched traveler reviews from top online resources, including TripAdvisor, Expedia, Priceline and Orbitz. We have found these common key points about the Gullwing Beach Resort in Fort Myers Beach:
- Spacious, modern amenities.
- Location on wide stretch of white-sand beach. Easy beach access.
- Beautiful views, especially from the oceanfront rooms.
- Nice beachside pool.
- A trolley stop just across the street, takes you to the downtown Fort Myers Beach area for just $1. The downtown FMB area has a good selection of affordable restaurants, small eateries and shops.
- Friendly, helpful staff.
- Free Wi-Fi in the room and at the pool.
- Clean, well-furnished and comfortable bedding.
- Grilling area next to pool that can be used for family events.
- Washer and dryer, full kitchen, walk-in closets.
- For spring travelers, this resort is 4 miles from the busy spring break area.
- No Tiki bar or restaurant, although the Holiday Inn has good outdoor seating restaurant just a few properties to the south.
- Front desk closes at 10:00 p.m.
- Pool area closes at dusk during turtle season.
- Can hear occasional muffled noises from units above and on the side through the floor and walls.
- Units overlooking the pool pick up a lot of pool noise from the lanai (which is fine if you like the noise of an active pool).
- Daily made service available only at an extra fee.
- TripAdvisor: 4.5 out of 5
- Expedia: 4.8 out of 5
- Orbitz: 4.6 out of 5
- Priceline: 8.3 out of 10
- TripAdvisor traveler: “I am traditionally a bit of a “hotel snob” and it takes a lot to please me but the Gull Wing was a great resort.”
- Expedia traveler: “Well beyond our expectations! It was amazing, everything was there for us.”
- Orbitz traveler: “These condos are HUGE! Walk-In closets, lots of seating, great pool, great beach access, great big full kitchen, bathrobes for goodness sakes, washer dryers were nice, I could go on and on.”
- Priceline traveler: “Was not really a hotel as advertised, was a time share, no staff just on check in, no daily cleaning, no frills or pampering you get in a hotel.”
Read more reviews and and find the best deal at the Gullwing Beach Resort with TripAdvisor’s price comparison tool.
Read more reviews and and find the best deal with TripAdvisor’s price comparison tool.