Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa has been named both the Leading Resort and the Leading Honeymoon Resort in the Caribbean at the World Travel Awards ceremonies, held in Providenciales, Turks & Caicos. The September 2012 WTA awards program, hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry” by the global media, highlights and rewards those travel brands that have made the greatest contribution to the industry over the past year.
Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa, located on Dickensen Bay Beach, has long been recognized as one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and regularly garners top ratings from reviewers and vacationers, including these reviews from TripAdvisor travelers.
Other top Caribbean awards at the 2012 WTA ceremonies include:
- Jamaica, the Caribbean’s Leading Destination.
- St. Lucia, the Caribbean’s Leading Honeymoon Destination.
- The Coco Reef Resort in Tobago, the Caribbean’s Leading Hotel.
- Sir Richard Branson’s Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands, the Caribbean’s Leading Private Island.
- Buccaneer Bay Spa & Resort in St. Vincent, the Caribbean’s Leading New Hotel. The Buccaneer beat out the Hotel Chocolat in St. Lucia, Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro in the Dominican Republic, the Magdalena Grand Beach Resort in Tobago, and the Confresi Palm Beach and Spa Resort in the Dominican Republic.
- Sandals Emerald Bay, Great Exuma, Bahamas, the Leading Luxury All-Inclusive Resort.
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas, Jamaica, the Leading Villa Resort.
- Royal Caribbean, the Leading Cruise Line.