What they are saying about the Dominican Republic:
The Dominican Republic lies in the same waters as Cuba and Puerto Rico, taking up the eastern two-thirds of the island it shares with Haiti. Offering a lush interior with a mix of caves, Victorian gingerbread houses and the lore of pirates, plus 900 miles of coastline along its brim, island highlights include riding a cable car up Mount Isabel de Torres and basking on stunning Saona Island. Oh, and did we mention the D.R. is family-friendly, has just about perfect weather and is affordable?
- Top-rated hotels in Dominican Republic
- All about Punta Cana: Top-rated hotels, B&Bs, things to do, and more
- All about Puerto Plata: Top-rated hotels, B&Bs, things to do, and more
Punta Cana is known the world over for stunning beaches, upscale hotels, romantic settings, and amazing golf courses. The East Coast beaches of the Dominican Republic’s Altagracia province have consistently been ranked as some of the world’s best by those who have visited them. In Punta Cana you can find the perfect resort to fit the vacation of your dreams: from family vacations to championship golf courses, to romance or luxurious relaxation, you’ll find everything you need.
The DR is also famous for the large all-inclusive resorts that dominate much of the country’s prime beachfront real estate. However, the result is less like the high-rise congestion of Cancun or Miami and more like low-slung retirement communities, albeit ones populated by families, couples and singles of all ages looking for a hassle-free holiday.
Where is Punta Cana?
View Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in a larger map
Articles about Dominican Republic:
- This week's Groupon Beach Getaway: Coral Costa Caribe, Dominican Republic
- Dominican Republic offers both affordable and upscale beach getaways
- Dominican Republic sets stage for romance
- Looking for some great free beach wallpaper for your computer screen?
- Sandals Antigua named the Caribbean's Leading Resort at the World Travel Awards