Miami is not a place to just sit back and relax. Oh, you can always find a good place to do that, but this is a city filled with energy and an endless stream of activities for young and old (mostly for young). Beach lovers need go no further than the famous South Beach to experience everything from amazing sun-kissed beach bodies to spectacular clubs that host one of the wildest night-life experiences in the country and beyond. Miami brings the Caribbean to the states, adds its own unique mix of spices and produces an eclectic and enticing environment found no place else in the world. The shores of Miami Beach are a magnet for people who love to show off their tans – and their bodies – and for boaters, fishermen, divers and sunbathers. The beaches are long and varied and stretch for miles from the North Shore of Miami Beach to the South Shore of Key Biscayne.
Interactive Map: The Beaches of Miami.
Click on a pin for information about each beach.
View Beaches of Miami in a larger map
Articles about Miami:
- USA Today searches for the Best Beach in Florida
- Miami artist Misael Soto turns huge beach towel into a living social art project
- Four Seasons Miami is America's Best Reviewed Hotel on Expedia
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach declared best building in Florida
- Dr. Sonjia mixes humor and science in new book titled 'Sex in South Beach: Let's Talk About Sex'