For all the great entertainment the Orlando, Florida, area has to offer, its location in the north-central part of the state leaves it somewhat separated from what we here at beachmaniac.com feel is Florida’s greatest attraction: its beaches. But the good news is that if you are visiting Orlando, and you can tear yourself away from the amusement parks, you are a short drive from some great beach locations.
VisitFlorida.com recently pulled together a list of six nearby beaches on the Atlantic Coast, some of them just a one-hour drive from Disney World. We are not only sharing that list – and linking to TripAdvisor reviews of the beaches – but we are adding a few Gulf Coast beaches as well, since you can get to the Gulf Coast from Disney World in roughly an hour and half.
Atlantic Coast beaches near Orlando:
- Daytona Beach (58 minutes)
- Ponce Inlet (1 hour, 8 minutes)
- New Smyrna Beach (1 hour, 3 minutes)
- Canaveral National Seashore (1 hour, 15 minutes)
- Cocoa Beach (1 hour, 9 minutes)
- Satellite Beach, Melbourne Beach, and Indialantic (1 hour, 13 minutes)
Gulf Coast beaches near Orlando:
- Clearwater Beach (1 hour, 28 minutes)
- North Redington Beach (1 hour, 41 minutes)
- Madeira Beach (1 hour, 36 minutes)
- St. Pete Beach (1 hour, 33 minutes)
Beach Maniac Blog by Bill HurleyRead More